Monday 31 August 2015

Mega Bloks Halo 2016 (Not) DELTA Mystery Pack Early Analysis

- Article -

EDIT: There were a few mistakes I've made that I've now corrected.

UPDATE: These are older posts that assumed the waves were series Delta and Echo, but it was just announced that Series Echo is actually series Delta. For now, we will call what we thought was series Delta, Not Echo.

2016 leaks seem to be popping up in different areas on the Internet, one major reveal was the arrival of the Delta series which is the first mystery series to release next year. So I've decided to make a little analysis on each figure and give my thoughts on the series as a whole. Lets get started with the UNSC.

I should remind everyone that some things said is all opinion based, I hope you can keep that in mind in case I say something you don't like. Also, I do not have the biggest knowledge when it comes to Halo so bare with me.


-UNSC  Marine (Grey)-

To begin this analysis, I'll start off with the furthest figure away, and that's the UNSC Marine. This figure has a resemblance to the Series 7 and UNSC Armory Pack. The figure comes with a chin cover helmet and a Saw.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the very first color for this Marine using the highly articulated and armor design. This will be a very nice and cheap way to get this figure if you're interested at all.

-UNSC  Mark V[B] Spartan (Orange)-

Next figure is the UNSC Mark V[B] Spartan based on Halo Reach. While the new Highly Articulated Micro-Figures consist of mostly Halo 4-5 figures, there's plenty of Reach style figures, and this one adds to the collection. This is the first time the figure has been in an Orange color, hopefully it'll match the color to the 2014 Target Exclusive figures.

The figure comes with a SOCOM pistol in (likely) black, also includes silver armor pieces, and a gold visor. Hopefully it'll look good in the color.

-UNSC Oceanic Spartan (Green)-

Next is the UNSC Oceanic Spartan in green. I feel this figure is a little underused and would like to see it released more often, maybe in blue... sorry, I got distracted, but I'm still glad to see this released for another time.

The figure comes with a gold visor, and a silver Saw weapon. It seems that it`s very common for a series to contain at least one green UNSC figure, a common color for the UNSC itself. I'm interested in possibly getting a number of these, hopefully at least one, and maybe I'll get (CNG63) UNSC Fireteam Taurus.

 -Arctic Defender Spartan (Arctic)-

The Arctic Defender Spartan,which, I should mention, before I edited this post I accidentally thought this was a JFO at first... oops.

The figure comes with a blue visor and a Carbine. I'm not always a fan of the Arctic color for the new build with the speckled detail, but it's still an awesome figure.

-UNSC Purple Scout Spartan (Purple)-

The UNSC Purple Scout Spartan is probably my favorite figure from this line-up we've seen so far. This Scout comes in Purple, a common Covenant color, and it makes it look dark and edgy.

This figure comes with a SOCOM Pistol and a gold visor. Overall this figure, simply put, looks amazing. I'm hoping to get this figure at some point.

-Covenant Storm Jackal (Gold)-

Finally a color other than Blue for the armor. The Covenant Storm Jackal now comes in a more goldish color, which I'm pretty impressed by. There isn't anything much else other than the color, but that hasn't stopped me from buying repaints.

This figure also has tan, red, and more, with the addition of a Carbine. Overall I think this is a pretty good looking figure.

-Covenant Elite Ranger (Crimson)-

I never get tired of Elite Rangers, and this one is no exception. This Elite finally just got released in 2015, and is personally a figure I'm into getting. This is the first time this figure has release in the Crimson color and doesn't look bad with it.

This figure comes with blue, white, and black, and comes with a Focus Rifle. I'm pretty sure it goes without saying, but I'm interested in getting this figure at some point.

-Arbiter (Active Camo)-

And finally, we have the third version of this figure released, but the first time this has been released for the color (or lack of) the Active Camo Arbiter based on the Halo 5 version released in an SDCC Figure Pack and the (CNG66) UNSC Attack Gausshog.

This figure has no added color (doesn't need it for an Active Camo figure) but comes with an Energy Sword. I'm pretty sure this will be one fans will be going after so keep an eye out.


If I have to take a guess I'd say the Rare figures will be the Purple Scout and the Gold Storm Jackal, either those or the Arctic Defender and/or the Orange Mark V[B figures. The reason to speculate is that the Purple Scout and the Gold Storm Jackal share weapons with two other figures in the series. A tactic to make it harder to recognize which is which in the packs, something Series Delta and Charlie will likely share. Yes, the Marine and the Oceanic Spartan share weapons as well, but I don't see them as rares. I could be wrong however, I don't think anyone expected the Arctic Pilot to be a rare for series Charlie.

Overall, it's a pretty solid line up of figures as a whole. I don't see a single figure I wouldn't mind getting and maybe if I do get them I'll do a review of them. But as far as right now, we just have the photos to look at. I thank you for reading, and don't forget to tell me which ones you hope to get, don't want to get, or just your opinion in general. Once again, thank you for reading.

1 comment:

  1. So are they in the same packs as the deltas in store or do they come in there own delta packs so you would know it is theese and not the previos. And when do theese come out.

    ReplyDelete